RANDOM REVIEW: Freeway & Jake One "The Stimulus Package"

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Not enough :hats in the world can relate the relief I got when I heard this album had an official release day. I think I've been anticipating this album for like a whole year straight. I was starting to think it wasn't dropping for a while. But the album is finally here and I feel relieved. Jake One is a really dope producer and Freeway is one of my favorite rappers ever(judge me if you want) yes I said ever. So I knew this project wasn't gonna be weak just need to actually drop. First reaction I had to hearing this is that Freeway is really doing it for than any rapper now on the lowkey tip and alot of fools are sleeping. After finally hearing the album I got it was really good. Not better than Free At Last (classic yes I used that word) but better than all his other ones. I will say this I thought Jake One was gonna go harder on the beats but I probably expecting too much from. Anticipation kills albums sometimes lol. But yea I was very happy with the final product though. Questions though. What's better Freeway on a Bink! beat? Or Freeway on a Jake One beat? If you think neither and go with Just Blaze log off my blog now. But as for the 2 choices I'm not sure. Jake One and Free was sounding like a great 1,2 combo on this album. Jake One was like Jay's Just Blaze or Kanye. Great combo and great chemistry. But I felt the same way when I heard Free At Last and Free was all over Bink! beats. I'm torn lol. Free should drop a Bink/Jake One mixtape and/or album next so I can make a better decision. Standout tracks on this album One Thing, Microphone Killa, and Free People. And Leslie I'm gonna need for you never put Birdman on your album ever again. The track was straight and it made my iTunes but don't ever do that again SMH. Alright I'm gonna rap this up. Album is really dope in my opinion. For sure worth your 10 cash. All the tracks go hard all the tracks made my iTunes. I just think the beats probably should have been just a pinch harder. I expect alot from Jake One lol. But it was good enough I guess. And :hat at Freeway putting Latoiya Williams on his album. Lowkey she's like one of my fave female singers. She needs to get some damn material out there. Only time I hear is when she does her 1 hip hop feature every other year. So yeah buy this album *whistles away with hands in pocket*

I give this album a 4/5- Mario

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 COMMENTS!!!:

Anonymous said... / February 15, 2010 at 2:30 PM  

i want for the packaging alone but i know the music will be dope

- hollywood floss

Related Posts with Thumbnails

wibiya widget