FROM THE GROUND UP

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


QUALMES IS UP AND COMING ARTIST COMING OUT OF CALI THIS MAKING MAJOR MOVES RIGHT NOW. HE MERGES SMOOTH MELODIES AND ROUGH DICTION TO PRODUCE TODAY'S HOTTEST TREND IN RAP MUSIC. SAYING HE IS BRINGING FRESH AIR AND NEW DIRECTION TO THE WEST COAST RAP SCENE IS EXACTLY HOW I FEEL. IN WHAT SEEMS LIKE AN ONLY GANG INFLUENCE IN WEST COAST MUSIC QUALMES ALONG WITH A COUPLE OTHER NEW RAPPERS ARE CHARGING THE GAME UP AND SHOWING THAT THE WEST AIN'T ALL ABOUT REP FLAGS, COLORS AND GANG VIOLENCE. WITH THAT SAID I BRING YOU THE R.A.O.F X QUALMES INTERVIEW "FROM THE GROUND UP".....


AG: What are some of your hip hop influences growing up?

QUALMES: Growing up when I was younger I was real heavy on The Dogg Pound, Snoop & Biggie. Now a days I really only listen to 50, older Nas and Sade.



AG: No Game?

QUALMES: Don't Get me wrong... Game's a good rapper but dude can't write a song to save his life... On top of his obsession for Dre is suspect as hell... When you cross over from mixtapes to albums you have to become an artist and showcase your creative writing and song abilities which he strongly lacks.



A: Me being a big game fan I can feel you on that. How do you feel your music is any different from any other West Coast artist coming up in the hip hop world.

Q: I focus on being creative and not having something you can pin point as a "West Coast" sound... Rushed products are the worst products. It's like rappers are so focused on dropping tape after tape just to keep their name out there that their music is suffering from it. Look at the West Coast. I'm not here to put nobody down on there grind or there hustle but everybody a carbon clone of Snoop. after him there Game now you got Nipsey. All that gang-banging shit is played. I'm all about good music and not proving I can shoot 100 motherfuckers in a song.


A: Yea West Coast Gang life seem to reflect on the music. Even though you don't rhyme about it. Was Gang life apart of yours growing up?

Q: I been all around it growing up. I never got into is. My brother got shot dealing with so I've seen the first hand outcome of it. I got friends and family members in gangs. But I always stayed away from it. I've seen to many people die and get locked up over it. I got a lil caught up in dealing. But nothing to major. I'm just happy I had enough focus and smarts to not go knee deep in shit that was only gonna put me in a worse position.


A: Do you feel that your music will change up the West Coast music game? Or has it had some effect already?

Q: Mos def... I'm taking a new approach. All the moves I've made have been without some one behind me. I don't have any management, street team etc. backing me and reps is already hearing my name in the office. I genuinely love making music. I think that gets me apart from people already. Who do this for name, money, bitches etc. The West is one big playground like every other spot in the US. Regardless of time the talent always come to light.



A: Cool... How long you think its gonna be before we see you on BET and gossip blogs and shit word to Wale.

Q: Def before end of next year. I got shit brewing up right now that a real good look. My whole thing is I don't want someone controlling my moves. It's all about longevity I'm not about to be another coon they got out here shucking and jiving for a slice of watermelon.


A: LMAO Speaking of brewing. What is the deal with your next project?

Q: I scrapped my first two original concepts b/c I felt they were a waste using as mixtapes you know? I went to the original concept of the "Red Eye Flight EP" which I'm gonna drop before years end. This is what's gonna really knock peoples heads like the kid a fucking problem.


A: Damn cant' wait. Explain the tape in 1 sentence.

Q: Check in, terminal, first class, baggage claim, destination, All access the world... If thats even makes sense and is a sentence lol.


A: That will work lol.... Alright to wrap this joint up. Any shoutouts you want to give? Any certain up and coming spitters you feeling? Any Hollywood bitches you want to smash? All that just let it all out...PAUSE!

Q: lol...First shoutout to everybody eho stays supporting on me... Could give a fuck if niggas think giving a shout to NT is corny but they hold it down. As far as up and coming spitters I really only fuck with The Boy Illinois, G.o.D. Jewels, Jynx and niggas like that. I don't mean to leave niggas out but I don't wanna say million names. If I fuck with you, you know I got you on a track fuck a shoutout lol. Hollywood bitches Ummmmm. I ain't tryin to brag and shit but without a deal I've bagged a couple of the lil wallet sniffers :hat. Kim Kardasian and Rosario Dawson are def on my radar though a niggah will get to trick or treating for them other than that everybody who knows me yall know I'm a regualr dude who's gifted at what he does. we can always chop it up not even on no fan and artist shit just real people. Big shoutout out my nigga GQ... nigga beats are ridiculous. He makes my job that much easier cause he always got heat. Last shoutout def goes to you my nigga. You always puttinh on the new talent and you know real niggas appreciate that shit. BANG BANG SUPREME GANG BRATTTTT!!!

2 COMMENTS!!!:

Anonymous said... / November 16, 2009 at 7:26 PM  

:hat i cant wait for the mixtape

Flowsomuch said... / November 19, 2009 at 5:21 AM  

I know I'm late on finally getting to read this interview but good shit. Qualmes spoke some real shit. Good questions Ag. :hat #NT

Related Posts with Thumbnails

wibiya widget