YO, XXL I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE!

Mhhh on paper when I first saw this list I thought to myself this might be the most complete XXL list they have ever put together. Well it his but thats not really saying that much. Then they started dropping theses freestyle videos and I said man these dudes had me fooled. Then I said man everybobdy is putting too much hype and thinking too much about these XXL list. Its sad folks need a 15 second "freestyle" for you to judge whether or not you gonna check for a dudes past music or continue to check on him in the future. With that said I'm done fucking with these Magazine list. And as my last task I'll give my short opinion on each dude XXL selected to do the mag this year. But I will admit. XXL was 7/10 this year with the rappers they chose. And remember what I'm about to say is all my OPINION. And unlike most I give all music a fair listen before I give any kind of critique on it to save myself from looking stupid. And with that said....


1. Pill

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pill makes some really good music. I honestly don't know to explain his music. He mixes Atlanta trap music with actual lyrical punchlines. With the right backing dude can be a problem in the future. I've seen a couple folks compared him to Ace Hood this week. Please kill yourself. Is it because he has dreads? Since when have we started basing musical skill off hair? Petty fools.







2. Wiz Khalifa

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Um I've been called a sackrider/fanboy so I won't speak too much on it lol. Just know he's >>> Everybody else on this list.







3. Nipsey Hu$$le

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I refuse to believe this ain't Snoops son. He reminds alot of Snoop. He just don't have a talented producer backing him. And he also came into the game in the wrong era lol. But homie should be fine. If the world don't ended in 2012. Music should be somewhat back. Not album sales wise but everything else.







4. Fashawn

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Homie looks familiar. I'm pretty sure he was on the Secret Society mixtape 8o. I'm a fan of Fashawn homie music is excellent. He might stay strictly underground but there is nothing wrong with that. The industry sucks anyway. Shoutouts to him also for actually freestyling on this video lol.







5. J. Cole

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

J. Cole > Drake

That is all.








6. Big Sean

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

GO SEAN GO! GO SEAN GO! If she ain't got no rubbers, than it... NO SEAN NO!

Won't speak on Sean too much. He got Kanye's cocky/cool/asshole demeanor don't too a key and that might get him somewhere. I just need for him to stop with forced punchlines. Every line you say doesn't have to big clever and witty. But I'm happy he is finally using his Kanye co-sign. He was about to get that G.O.O.D. Music bum stamp from me word to GLC and Really Doe.







7. Freddie Gibbs

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My nigga Gibbs. Probably the only dude on the list that I've talked to personally about his music direction. And I know were his head is at. Homie will change the game and bring Gangter rap back. I don't know when. But he will eventually. Next to Wiz I'm rooting for Gibbs the most out of any dude. DO NOT SLEEP.





8. OJ Da Juiceman

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

A lot of people where mad and said XXL lost their credibility on this pick. Pardon me I had to laugh at that. How a magazine that post 50 Cent and Em on every other month get credit is beyond me. Ok we get it OJ ain't lyrical at all. But homie has a bigger buzz than anybody on this list. XXL would have lost credibility not putting him on this list if it was based off what they said it is. And stop saying OJ was Drakes last minute replacement. How in the fuck do yall know all this then get shocked when you see OJ on the list #Sheep. As for OJs career it most likely will go the same as Gucci's career. These fools make "coon" music but you can deny their hustle. They know who to sell their music too and not everyone has to like. Remember this music is not based around you only so get off your high horses and STFU! Also Otis James freestyle was god awful. Don't know what he was thinking. I have real explanation for that.





9. Donnis

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Donnis released very good mixtape last year. Let me take that back, he dropped a very good produced mixtape with a lot of co-signs on it. I'm also very shocked he made the list. I put a couple of my homies on his music but I just thought he was gonna be a fly by blog only rapper. I maybe still right about that because is lyrical ability is very limited and I think personally at the age he is he probably hit his peak. Unless he's on that Officer Ricky shit were he gets better with time. But I'm not sure where Donnis career will go. I will just sit back and watch. And hope the best for homie. Also please give Big Sean his flow back please.







10. Jay Rock

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm not gonna say dude is trash but I'm feeling dude music at all. He obviously can rap anybody can see or hear at. But his music doesn't really change my attention. He's like someone picked the Game in NBA Live and took some of his Attributes down. Where do I see him in the future..... I have no idea lol.





XXL ALSO WHY IS THIS MAN NOT ON THIS LIST? (-______-)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Fuck it he doesn't have to make a "list" to make it as a rapper.

15 COMMENTS!!!:

PJ said... / February 26, 2010 at 12:43 PM  

Agree with you on Jay Rock--dude is a poor man's Game. I'm not a fan at all.

Big Sean is cool but, honestly, the more I heard from him the less I liked. Otis is garbage. That is all. His buzz is undeniable, though.

Don't have a problem with anybody else on the list.

Anonymous said... / February 26, 2010 at 12:45 PM  

Wiz Khalifa is hands down the best dude on that list.

P.A.S said... / February 26, 2010 at 12:47 PM  

great breakdown.

Anonymous said... / February 26, 2010 at 12:48 PM  

xxl just killed half those dudes careers. when is bob album coming again? exactly

Agthekid said... / February 26, 2010 at 12:52 PM  

^It's suppose to Drop the end of April.

Anonymous said... / February 26, 2010 at 1:04 PM  

Good shit homie!

Anonymous said... / February 26, 2010 at 1:04 PM  

Kudos

#NT

Agthekid said... / February 26, 2010 at 1:07 PM  

^You can't shoutout #NT and not say who you are 8o 8o

The Real Just said... / February 26, 2010 at 2:11 PM  

Yo, you beat me to the punch fam. I was going to do a post like this tonight. Working FTL.

Def like the breakdown. I need to school myself on Pill and Gibbs...havent heard either of their music and it seems like it is well received.

Cali = Nipsey, Fashawn and Jay Rock. :bayareapuprski

I guess Ill just post all 10 of the videos now since I was waiting to do that :::Kanye shrug:::

Agthekid said... / February 26, 2010 at 3:23 PM  

Appreciated

NoSLickRemarks said... / March 1, 2010 at 11:45 AM  

who is that last nigga with the gay ass bedazzled G-shock that didnt make the list??

Agthekid said... / March 1, 2010 at 2:47 PM  

LMAO its XV sir

Romell said... / March 1, 2010 at 2:55 PM  

Gangsta Gibbs & J.Cole >

But XV definitely should have made that list. Dah well good shit though AG

_LowEndTheory_ said... / March 1, 2010 at 3:01 PM  

XV > atleast 3 people on the list easily. Dropping mixtape after mixtape and got looked over for the second year in a row. ULTIMATE swindle.

The Dior Monster said... / March 1, 2010 at 3:02 PM  

Anfernee, I have a G Shock.... can you bedazzle mine too? I want it to say "Urringe" on the band :D


Oh, and Wiz >>>>>>>

Related Posts with Thumbnails

wibiya widget