DAVY GEE.... ONE HALF OF DUELING BRAINS FILM GROUP

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

IT'S BEEN A WHILE BUT I'M BACK ON THE INTERVIEWS. I'M HAPPY THAT MY RETURN WAS AN INTERVIEW WITH MY HOMIE DAVY GOMEZ 1/2 DUELING BRAINS GROUP(ALONG WITH MY NIG RUSSELL WRIGHT WHICH I INTERVIEWED EARLIER THIS YEAR). SO FAR THEY HAVE DONE THREE VIDEOS FOR HIP HOP ARTIST MR. JEFFERSON (TRUE DEVOTION, NEW MONEY, GET EM AND DIFFERENT SHIT) AND HOPEFULLY SOME MORE UP AND COMING PROJECTS. MY NIGGAS ARE GOIN PLACES FOREAL. SO PEEP AND MAYBE YOU'LL LEARN A THING OR TWO.....



ME: Just to start it off slow. What inspired you to do film?

DAVY: Um I have an older brother, like 7 years older. So I was never "cool enough" to hand out with him and his friends. You know your 18 and you have an 11 yr old isn't cool imagine 15 walking around with a 8yr old. Dad was at work and my mom didnt have a car, so i was stuck at home. TV was tha shit, Id just watch it all the time. I musta been the only person in my house that could fuck with a VCR cause Id record everything. Music videos and movies became the shit to me as i got older and into high school, so it was a given. I always listened to music growing up, and I read a lot cause of the fucking FCAT. shit was easy to me cause Id see what I read/listened to in my head. So it translated to me writing up my own shit. I was good at drawing so I would try to make comics and shit but yeah, film, books, music was always apart of me, so i knew the industry i wanted to get into.




ME: Would you say you're more of a music director or movie director? Or all around?


DAVY: The challenge with being a music director is that its initially not your vision. An artist makes a song and then what you make your own shit, so talking with the artist and seeing what they want is what you have to do. Unless your Hype or Gil Green who are already established directors on a movie, whether you wrote it or not its your shit, so w/e you want you do. If theres work Id accept it from either or, Im thinking for now I want to be a better music director - jus one day and you get a good amount of money. Course theres preproduction involved and a whole lotta shit you gotta do before the shoot day, but once your there - just one day. I was just 1st Assistant Director on a music video and one of my teachers who was the Producer told me the music video was worth (lights, dolly, camera) 80 grand easy. So thats were Id like to be. Thats not even how it comes out, no editing, just the unedited footage in 1080i. Can't beat that




ME: Did attending Full Sail change your direction or vision on directing? Good or Bad.

DAVY: Yeah, in a good way.Every month I know more than the month before. And the way the classes are set make since, after you pass them and shit, its amazing. I thought photography class was stupid, when in fact, some of the most valuable knowledge I have was built on that class.




ME: Aight cool, Is there any particular movie to you saw as child and said "Yeah this what I want to do with my life"?

DAVY: nah




ME: LOL. Explain the Dueling Brains Film Group for those who don't know about it?

DAVY: Dueling Brains is me and my nigha Russell Wright. whenever we listen to shit together and visualize it, its like our minds are fencing and shit. We keep going and going and shit usually looks good in our heads. We just got shit in the way from filming it and getting it out there. The videos that are out - we both worked on but we had roles. I edited and Russ directed and saw it and this and that. So DB is still on the ground, but i think its got more potential then we think




ME: Aight I feel you on the more potential part. Are there any past and future projects Dueling Brains has and will work on?

DAVY: Man right now with school taking my time and Russ doing his thang Dueling Brains is kinda at a stall. Collaborations take time and neither of us have it.




ME: I feel you on that..... Past project you wanna reflect on?


D: Ummm yea editing Different Shit was dope. & I learned that criticism is gonna come regardless. I stumbled upon an effect that looked weird but to us it matched the song, and we were like fuck it, we like, Joe liked it. So we threw it in there, its my favorite so far.




ME: Yeah I remember that effect...... With this directing where do you see it taking you? Or want it to take you?

DAVY: The industry is hard to be in & its hard to get in. I feel that it can take me places, course theres 235263274254 other film school kids wanting the same thing. I just gotta wait til the time gets there, and see where i can jump in. And once Im in then thats where the hard work starts. So i dont even know where I see myself in 10 years, some directors get their chance at 40 some at 20. so i jus gotta wait.




ME: Aight.... Just to wrap the interview up. Is there any else you want to tell the readers. And also early predictions on the Heat since I know you're a fan.

DAVY: Readers just stay tuned, follow me on Twitter. & all i can say is that we'll make tha playoffs. haha




ME: Yep Playoffs then a first round exit..........

DAVY: THIS INTERVIEW IS OVER!!!



ALRIGHT THAT'S ABOUT IT. IF YOUR A RAPPER AND YOU NEED A VIDEO DONE BY DUELING BRAINS LEAVE A COMMENT IN THE INBOX AND LEAVE YOUR INFO(SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY) THERE WILL BE NO VIDEO THAT ARE DONE LIKE THIS....



SHAKING MY HEAD. NEXT INTERVIEW UP NEXT MY HOMIE QUALMES. SHOULD BE UP BY SUNDAY AT THE LATEST. TOMORROW IF I'M ON IT. ALSO I'M WILLING TO DO INTERVIEWS WITH ANY ARTIST OR ANYBODY WITH HIGH AMBITIONS IN LIFE. (CONTACT: thekidampgreen@gmail.com AIM: AGtheKarateKid). SERIOUS INQUIRIES ON THE INTERVIEWS ALSO....

0 COMMENTS!!!:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

wibiya widget